Last night we visited Cafe Coco on the Cowley Road in Oxford. First time I'd eaten out since being a coeliac. I took my dietitian's advice - call first. Top marks to Cafe Coco: they knew about GF diets, advised on menu items that were GF and (despite it not being policy on a Friday night) reserved us a table for four people.
It was just as good when we arrived: a table waiting, more menu items high-lighted and a luck of fuss and worry (which meant I didn't feel like a troublemaker).
If you're planning on a visit: suitable items include Greek salad, salmon salad, garlic potatoes and prawns.
Find directions here: http://www.cafe-coco.co.uk/
Why were we in Oxford? Just before we'd been to the Ultimate Picture Palace where (in association with Film Oxford) they were screening Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - followed by a Q&A with Tim Bevan.
Tim Bevan is one of the founders of Working Title, Britain’s largest independent production company and his string of producing credits include O Brother Where Art Thou, Bridget Jones Diary, Notting Hill, and Shaun of the Dead .
The film captured perfectly the era of Wimpy bars and the Cold War. The Q and A was worthy, but no-one asked the question I wanted to know: what was Tim Bevan (denizon of Universal Studios, multi-millionaire, etc.) doing in a tiny (but beautiful) cinema on Friday night?
Bit of a coup for Film Oxford and the UPP!


No comments:
Post a Comment